SIA ACS Accreditation
The purpose of the Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) is to protect the public and to maintain and improve standards in the private security industry. Many security businesses have obtained approval under the scheme since its launch in 2006 and many buyers and users of security services require that their suppliers are approved.
SIA approved contractors and organisations seeking approval must conform with the ACS standard to demonstrate necessary capability and effectiveness in the operation of their business and in the protection of people, property and premises
The ACS Standard consists of 7 criteria:
- Strategy – an SIA Approved Contractor as a clear strategic direction enabling it to deliver value to all stakeholders.
- Service Delivery – an SIA Approved Contractor has robust processes place that ensure service delivery its customers and stakeholders.
- Commercial Relationship Management – an SIA Approved Contractor promotes robust and transparent commercial relationships with its customers , consumers and suppliers. Founded on mutual trust and respect.
- Financial Management – an SIA Approved Contractor financially viable with sufficient resources to meet its current and future obligations.
- Resources – an SIA Approved Contractor s sufficient technical sources to sustain its business, meeting the relevant industry standards.
- People – an SIA Approved Contractor develops and implements plans to ensure its people are suitably trained.
- Leadership – an SIA Approved Contractor has effective leadership
Who should consider applying?
The ACS standard is applicable to any organisation that provides licensable security services as defined in the Private Security Act 2001.
It is appropriate for all sectors and sizes of organisation within the industry as it allows organisations to develop their own methods of working within the guidelines laid down within the standard.
The standard does not specifically require the development of a documented quality management system. However, an organisation will have to demonstrate to an assessor how its chosen methods are effective in delivering high levels of customer satisfaction and a sustainable business. Many organisations will achieve this through documented procedures
What are the benefits of SIA ACS approval?
- SIA ACS certification shows commitment to quality, customers, and a willingness to work towards improving efficiency;
- Illustrates that the security personnel you provide are comprehensively trained in their role;
- Marketing opportunities—and an effective competitive edge over competitors;
- Gives your potential customer(s) confidence in the quality of service or role you will undertake for them;
- Once accredited, your company could approach larger companies with a view to becoming a sub-contractor for them.
SIA ACS Accreditation Birmingham & UK Wide
Steps to achieving SIA ACS approval is made simple with Dynamik Management
Step 1 Complete our enquiry form and a member of our team will respond to your enquiry within 48 hours.
Step 2 Once we have ascertained your requirements (timescales, type of company, the size etc) we will produce you with a free no obligation quotation.
Step 3 Once the quotation has been accepted, we will begin working on your System. Dates will be arranged to visit your office/s at your convenience to start implementing the system within your organisation.
Step 4 Following full system design, we will visit you and hold a training day for all employees to ensure everyone is aware of the system, understands the purpose of the system and complies in accordance with. Employees are encouraged to offer their opinion.
Step 5 We will visit you again within four months to carry out internal audits to verify the system is effective and everyone is operating in accordance with.
Step 6 Following the results of the audits, we will sit down with top management and review the results of the entire system (including customer feedback, business risks and opportunities, any service/product defaults, supplier performance, any incidents or near misses etc.)
Step 7 We will arrange for your external assessment to be undertaken by a UKAS certified Assessment Body. For initial assessments, there is a two-stage process consisting of a stage 1 and a stage 2 assessment. We can be there to assist you throughout the whole process.
Step 8 – Receive your certificate, be recognised as certified and promote to your customers.
Dynamik Management Services Limited also offer free telephone and email support throughout the entire process.
Begin the process with us today and complete the below enquiry form: